What can it do?
Risks such as equipment malfunctions, infections, or physical attacks are constant threats within healthcare facilities. Real-Time Location Systems can mitigate such risks and enhance patient safety. For example, it is not uncommon for hospitals to reuse contaminated medical equipment without proper cleaning, leading to medical incidents. RTLS solutions provide the answer to such human errors.
• Identifying both staff and patients who have had contact with infected patients or individuals and generating contact tracing reports based on this information. For highly contagious diseases like COVID-19, proactive measures can be taken.
• Immediately identifying when contaminated equipment requires cleaning and providing immediate notifications of possible infection risks. It also provides information to administrators to monitor the locations of medical devices within the hospital and control and manage them.
• Enabling management of devices that have experienced malfunctions or require maintenance.
• Allowing healthcare workers, including doctors and nurses, to quickly request assistance in emergency situations or when facing physical threats.
• Real-time tracking of patients to prevent them from wandering into unauthorized areas. Geofencing technology can automatically trigger alerts if necessary. This is particularly important when caring for patients with dementia or Alzheimer's.
• Protecting and managing vulnerable individuals, such as emergency patients or newborns, using warning and security systems, including geofencing technology.